Applications are now open to apply for a rewarding education outreach internship provided by National Wildlife Federation. This is a paid program for which candidates must be able to work 15 to 20 hours per week in Austin, TX.
This position will be responsible for writing social media content, handling workshop and event logistics, assisting with program updates, networking with sustainability-minded peers, and creating and implementing activities at outreach events.
On the other hand, through this program, students can develop the skills and experience needed to secure a full-time role in the industry, and take a look at professional life or organization where they want to work and establish good connections.
National Wildlife Federation is a conservation education and advocacy organization headquartered in Virginia. It is the largest non-profit organization of the United States that was founded in February 1936 by Ding Darling. The motive of this organization is to increase America’s fish and wildlife population and expand its capacity.
This internship will be based in Austin, TX.
This program will run from February through May 29.
As a participant of this program, you will get mentorship from the best professionals, participate in training and learning sessions, and make good connections, work on valuable projects, and much more.
To qualify for this amazing summer internship program, the candidate will need to fulfill some defined criteria given below:
- Must have completed at least 2 years of college education, or be in their second year
- Must be enrolled at least half time in a related field of study or be a recent graduate in (biology, environmental science, science education, communication, or similar fields)
- Must have a general understanding of conservation and the value of wildlife
- Must be comfortable working with a diverse audience (our programming serves people Pre-K through adults)
- Be passionate, creative, and curious about nature, science, and science education/communication
- Must be able to commit to working at least 15-20 hours per week
- Must be organized and able to work with minimal supervision on assigned tasks
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and professional
- Strong writing skills
- Social media experience
How to Apply:
Please apply online to be selected for this post.
The last date to apply is February 10, 2020.