Do you like organizing large events and promoting them? Do you want a hands-on event planning internship experience? If your answer is yes, then you are a great fit for this Worcester Art Museum Event Planning Internship.
The Worcester Art Museum is, commonly known as WAM, one of the most important art museums of its kind in the United Nation. WAM’s Event Planning Internship is very competitive as well as a rewarding program that will span approximately 3 to 4 months in Worcester, MA.
The purpose of this program is to provide direct, hands-on support to the public and internal events division. To book your place in this program, you need to be completed senior year of high school or more and have experience working in an event setting or working with the public.
As a part of this opportunity, you will work on projects that will allow you to learn across different areas of the museum and will work with professionals that will provide you mentorship and feedback on your work.
This internship is located in Worcester, MA.
The internship requires a 3 to 4-month time commitment.
This program is unpaid. However, interns can receive training, good mentorship, and a chance to work with WAM which is one of the best art museums of U.S. WAM is also able to provide internships for credit if approved by your college or university.
To ensure your place in this program, you need to fulfill all the given requirements.
- Regular and reliable attendance and ability to commit to a schedule as agreed with the intern supervisor
- Strong organization skills
- Communication skills including oral, written, and listening skills
- Proven ability to schedule, plan, track, and complete complex projects on time
- Ability and tenacity to ask thoughtful questions
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the Worcester Art Museum
- Must be available some evenings and weekends
- Must be available January 23 – 26, 2020
- Completion of senior year of High School, or more
- A combination of any or all of the following; familiarity with or educated interest in event coordination and/or event planning, ability to work with current technology, experience with or educated interest in hospitality, experience working in an event setting or working with the public.
How to Apply:
If you are applying by email, then make sure all attachments must be in Microsoft word format. To start your application process, first, prepare a single MS Word document containing:
- A cover letter indicating the specific internship(s) or area of interest for which you are applying.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Two references (personal or professional), including name, phone number, and relationship.
The subject line of your email must include:
- Your full name
- The title of the internship(s) for which you are applying
- The semester of the internship for which you are applying
Submit your application with required documents at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is ongoing