The World Health Organization is now encouraging candidates from around the world to gain experience and skills by joining its department of communications as interns.
This is a full-time internship program ideal for young professionals in various academic disciplines who want to experience full immersion in the communications world. It will run for 20-24 weeks in Geneva, Switzerland.
The interested candidates who have completed three years of full-time studies in the required field and are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification can apply. Recent graduates are also eligible.
The World Health Organization was founded on 7 April 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. With 194 member states, across six regions, and from more than 150 offices, this organization is dedicated to improving the health of people all over the world.
This position will work within Geneva, Switzerland-based office.
WHO Department of Communications Internship is for 20-24 weeks
Interns will not be provided a salary. However, then will receive a stipend. In addition, all interns in Geneva will receive a daily lunch voucher for a value of CHF15 to be used on the WHO campus during the working days. Interns will also get an accident and medical insurance coverage.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following credential:
- Must have completed three years of full-time studies in the field of public health, medicine, social sciences, political sciences or business management/administration at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the program.
- Must be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification
- Must have expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of other UN languages is also essential.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Showing a willingness to learn from mistakes
- Producing and delivering quality results
- Working collaboratively with team members
- Have interest /experience in cross-walks between technical and advocacy/communications/ engagement areas of work.
- Proven organizational and project management skills would be an asset.
Candidates from across the world are invited to join.
How to Apply:
You can apply online
Your application must be submitted before December 18, 2021