Baltimore Museum of Art is now helping current students and recent graduates in turning their dream of working in a museum into reality by providing them a wonderful education evaluation internship program. The opportunity will begin in the spring of 2020.
Education evaluation intern position will be responsible for performing research, administer surveys, collate and analyze data, and present findings under the supervision of education staff.
This event will introduce interns to all facets of museum work and provide them many chances to learn about best practices in museum evaluation, gain data collection and interview skills together with hone research and presentation skills.
The Baltimore Museum of Art is a famous art museum known for engaging diverse audiences through dynamic exhibitions and innovative educational and community outreach programs. It was founded in 1914 and is based in Baltimore, MD. It has an amazing collection of art from Africa, outstanding European and American paintings, sculpture, and decorative arts, ancient Antioch mosaics, and exquisite textiles from around the world.
The program will be located in Baltimore, MD.
Through this opportunity, you can get a $500 stipend, develop valuable experience and skills, give yourself an edge in the job market, explore museum career, build a strong network, and get mentorship and guidance that all will help you lay the strong foundation of your career.
All candidates will be expected to meet all the given criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program or be a recent graduate from an accredited program (within 5 years) or be the Ph.D. candidate
- Good observation skills
- Good communication and social intelligence skills
- Some experience with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Strong written communication a plus
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and data visualization a plus
- The ideal candidate will work 1-2 days during the week and a partial day on the weekend (hours are flexible)
How to Apply:
Please forward following materials at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter/Statement of Interest
- Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor, academic advisor, or supervisor
You can also post all the documents at:
ATTN: Rachel Sanchez
RE: Internship Application
The Baltimore Museum of Art
10 Art Museum Dr
Baltimore, MD 21218
The last date to send the application is Sunday, January 5th, 2020.