Do you possess a strong interest in outdoors, ecology, natural history, and exceptional public speaking skills? Do you like to work with children? Well, if your answer is yes, then Missouri Botanical Garden would like to hire you for its education internship program.
This will be a part-time position that will work an average of 20 hours a week at the Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit, Missouri. This is the best-suited role for those who are currently enrolled in a college.
In this position, you will be expected to assist education staff with hands-on outdoor school programs at the Shaw Nature Reserve that will include meeting students, class management and preparing educational materials.
Missouri Botanical is the nations’ oldest botanical garden based in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1859, the garden has been the center for botanical research, science education, and conservation, as well as a favorite destination for family fun.
The primary work station for this role will be in Gray Summit, Missouri.
Ideal interns must be able to work 20 hours a week.
Interns will be paid on an hourly basis. They will also get flexible hours, practical experience, opportunity to work on real projects, and connect with professionals and much more.
To be a strong candidate for this role, you will need to have the following credentials:
- Interest in outdoors, ecology, natural history.
- Current enrollment in college is preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences including children of all ages, families, volunteers, and older adults.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Exceptional public speaking skills required.
- Strong technical ability.
- Adherence to all health and safety guidelines.
- Flexible hours; availability to work some weekends.
- The requirements and duties listed are representative and not exhaustive of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
How to Apply:
To apply, you can send your application online.
The applications will remain to be accepted until the slot is filled.