This intern will be expected to assist the marketing department with writing e-mails, maintaining the adopt an animal program, outreach marketing events, taking and editing photos, social media outlets, and ongoing projects.
He/she will also have the responsibility to assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of promotional strategies and will gain experience in promotions, branding, corporate partnership, sponsorship, community relations, and preparation of events, data entry, and analysis.
Elmwood Park Zoo is a famous zoo in Norristown, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1924 and is operated by the Norristown Zoological Society. It houses more than 100 species from all over the globe. It is a center of education, fun activities and attracts many people around the world.
This internship will be based in Norristown, Pennsylvania.
The program will take 12-week.
The program will provide:
- Opportunity to learn in an AZA-accredited facility that meets the highest standards in zoo practices
- Hands-on experiential learning and mentorship by the director of marketing and marketing associates
- Fun and collaborative environment
- The workshop, and company events
- Networking opportunities
- Fast-paced and collaborative working environment
Elmwood Park Zoo is now looking for individuals with following credentials:
- Current college students, recent college graduates in the field of Marketing, Communications, or related area of study
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge in Adobe creative suite (preferred)
- Familiarity with a variety of social network mediums
- Knowledge of web design and HTML (preferred)
- Complete/clear PA Child Abuse Clearance and PA Criminal Background check
- Be at least 18 years of age
How to Apply:
Fill out an online application form that must include your resume.
The applications are now open.