Put your knowledge and skills into action by joining Kiva as a new media & branding intern! This is a 6-month, part-time as well as paid volunteer position that will work within the Portland OR office.
This position will perform a chief role in developing Kiva’s brand voice with its brand agency by shaping the company’s social media strategy. It will use social media, influencers, and emerging technologies to help position the Kiva brand based on its current business goals.
Through this internship, Kiva is targeting to provide an extensive learning experience to students. Joining this program will provide you in-demand job skills, exposure to foundational microfinance concepts and some good connections that will be beneficial for your career.
Kiva is not for profit microfinance organization founded by Jessica Jackley, Premal Shah, Matt Flannery, and Chelsa Bocci in October 2005. This time, it is providing services in 77 countries with the mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive.
Selected candidates will join Portland, OR-based office.
This is a part-time program that will take approximately 6 months and it will run from January through July 2020.
This experience will benefit you through the following perks:
- Professional development and skills workshops
- Casual, dog-friendly office
- Access to Kiva’s network of Kiva fellowship and internship alumni
- Free snacks, drinks, and occasional baked goods
- Optional participation in Kiva social activities, including:
- Athletic club teams
- Movie and game nights
- Happy hours
- References are gladly given for successful participants
- A modest stipend of $800 a month
All candidates are required to fulfill the following requirements:
- At least 21 years of age or older by January 22nd, 2020
- Able to commit full-time for a 6-month term
- Experience handling digital and social media creative and copy
- Degree in digital comms, advertising, new/emerging media, sociology, or psychology
- Some experience working with Adobe CS and a desire to learn more: illustrator, InDesign, lightroom. Nice to have: photoshop, after effects, premiere
- Experience (or a desire to learn) shaping a brand strategy; passion for storytelling is a must
- Desire to learn about reporting, analytics, and extracting insights from data
This program encourages both domestic and international applicants to apply. However, Kiva is not eligible to provide financial reimbursement or sponsorship for international visas. So all international students, who want to be a part of this program, must obtain a visa prior to applying.
How to Apply:
To apply, all applicants are required to fill out an online application form that must include a resume/CV and cover letter.
The application will remain to be accepted until the slot is filled.