The applications are being invited for the vacant post of community relations intern by Washington Nationals in Washington, DC. It will be a paid position that will require 34 hours a week for approximately 10 months.
This position will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the community relations department of Washington Nationals. It will provide the chance to contribute to the organization’s success while getting behind the scene experience.
Although this intern will be placed within a community relations department, he/she will explore all aspects of the business of professional baseball through various outreach programs, and networking events.
Washington Nationals are an American professional baseball team located in Washington, DC. As a member club of the National League (NL) East division, the team competes in Major League Baseball.
This position will take place in Washington, DC.
Candidates are required to work 34 hours a week for approximately 10 months.
This is a paid position. Interns will take part in networking events; gain valuable experience and skills; learn from mentors and establish relationships with professionals and fellow interns that will benefit their lives both personally and professionally.
The eligibility requirements given below must be met in order to take part in this program:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of one year) or graduate student of an accredited college or university, or a recent graduate (within six months)
- Graduate student with coursework in sport management, social welfare, K-12 education, communications or community outreach preferred
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to appropriately handle challenging situations and coordinate large groups of people with customer service in mind
- Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, and game-day guests, and on occasion, players and their families
- Be a details-minded, energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality
- Must demonstrate consistent and punctual attendance and be available for the duration of the internship
- Interest in community relations work required,
- Uphold core values: excellence, performance, and accountability
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can submit their applications online.
The applications will remain to be accepted until the post is filled.