Students, who want to devote their lives to the health and welfare of animals, should apply for this exciting Animal Care Internship provided by Prospect Park Zoo. This program is a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of up to 6 months in length and based in New York City, New York.
The purpose of this internship is to provide hands-on education and training in animal husbandry. This intern will be involved in many aspects of animal care including exhibit and enclosure maintenance, diet preparation, animal observation, animal handling, and enrichment.
This program exists in New York City, New York.
This program has a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of up to 6 months’ duration.
The internship is unpaid and housing is not provided.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Interest in biology or a related field with an interest in an animal care career.
- Must be available on weekends and holidays.
- Ability to represent WCS in a professional manner and to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with employees, colleagues, and the general public.
- Preference will be given to undergraduate students or recent graduates studying biology, psychology, or related fields who wish to pursue a career in animal care or research.
- Current negative TB test at your expense and prior to starting your internship.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must provide proof of health insurance.
- You will need to provide your own footwear that will need to remain at the zoo until the completion of your internship.
How to Apply:
Please apply online.
The application deadline is open until the position is filled.