WildCare is currently seeking students who enjoy caring for animals to serve as interns in its volunteer services department during the spring and summer breaks of 2020. This intern program is for a consecutive six week period with potential start-dates in March, July, and November.
Throughout their intern journey, candidates will gain insight into the wide variety of projects and activities that will involve working with animals and get a better idea of if they really want to make their in a career in this field or not in the future.
This internship is very helpful for anyone looking to learn more about the world of non-profit volunteer development, event planning, and animal welfare issues. Overall, this is a fun learning experience in a fast-paced, casual work environment, and designed to provide interns with real-world experience of volunteering for animals.
WildCare is an environmental education and wildlife rehabilitation center in Marin County, California. It is dedicated to caring for ill, orphaned and injured wild animals and helps people learn how to make room for our forest and shoreline friends within our environment.
The internship will take place in Marin County, California.
This program requires a full six-month commitment. The ideal candidates must be able to work 8-16 hours/week through this duration.
This is a fun internship in a fast-paced, casual work environment, and will provide experience in volunteer management & training, program development, event planning, and community outreach processes. Interns will also get mentorship, training, workshops, and chances to make good connections.
Check out the eligibility criteria you need to fulfill to avail this chance:
- Applicants must be 18 or older and be able to commit to 8-16 hours/week.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English a must.
- The ability to represent WildCare’s mission in a sincere, intelligent, professional and energetic manner.
- A schedule with the flexibility to attend volunteer training and third party events as needed.
- Comfort with asking individuals and businesses for donations and support for events.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Familiarity with
- WordPress, FileMakerPro, and Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Strong attention to detail even multi-tasking and under deadline.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and have a tactful, mature, and sincere attitude.
- Reliable transportation to and from WildCare and other locations as needed for event attendance.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Important considerations for this position include a sincere interest and belief in the philosophy of animal welfare, as well as interest in non-profit development and/or event planning.
- An outgoing personality with the ability to work independently as well as among individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Good sense of humor
How to Apply:
For this post, you can apply online or you can download the application and email it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fax hard copy submissions to (415) 456-0594 or mail hard copy submissions to:
ATTENTION: Volunteer Department
76 Albert Park Lane
San Rafael, CA 94901
Applications for the position starting in March will close on January 15
Applications for the position starting in July will close on June 15
Applications for the position starting in November will close on September 15