Are you an animal lover who wants to be a part of a job where you can research and care for animals? If yes, then you are the right candidate for this amazing animal care internship provided by Potter Park Zoo.
This is an unpaid internship that will take place in Potter Park Zoo’s animal department for 14 weeks. All participants will be involved in various aspects of husbandry consisting of exhibit maintenance, diet preparation observing and recording animal condition, behaviors and responses and etc.
To perform this role successfully, you must be a candidate who is enrolled in a college institution and pursuing an animal-related degree. You must also have at least one year of previous experience in volunteering or working in an animal-related field.
Potter Park Zoo is a famous zoo in Lansing, Michigan and is spread over a 102-acre. It has more than 160 species of animals including Amur tigers, red pandas, snow leopards, bongos and more. It is also the oldest public zoo in Michigan and its target is to inspire more and more people to conserve animals in the natural world.
The work station will be based in Lansing, Michigan.
It is 14 weeks long program that requires all candidates to be able to work a minimum of 24 hours a week.
This is an unpaid internship for college credit. Hired will get practical experience working with animals, training, mentorship, and the chance to make connections with not only professionals but also visitors.
Eligibility criteria are mentioned below for this vacancy:
- Must be able to work 8 hours per day on assigned days
- Complete a project during the internship and present the results upon completion
- Must be willing to commit to a 14-week internship
- Must be able to work quietly, efficiently and safely around live animals
- Must provide proof of a negative TB test and be willing to submit to a background check
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a college institution
- Qualified interns should have at least one year of previous experience in volunteering or working in an animal-related field and pursuing a degree that is animal-related
How to Apply:
To start the application process, you will have to fill out an online application form.
Summer Application Deadline is April 1st.