NOLS is now offering an internship opportunity to prepare students with the experience and connections in the field of public relations and marketing. For this post, candidates must commit to working for 6 months, from June to January.
This position will be responsible for supporting the public relations and partnerships manager with all aspects of media for NOLS. The work of interns will include preparing and assisting with local NOLS news stories, participating in sessions and meetings researching and developing content and others as assigned.
Apart from responsibilities, this program is a great help for students. Through it, they can develop good knowledge in the field of PR and marketing, and polish their writing and also public speaking skills all while getting a good pay rate for their amazing work.
National Outdoor Leadership School in short NOLS is not for profit wilderness school headquartered in Lander, Wyoming. It has been working toward teaching environmental ethics, technical outdoor skills, wilderness medicine, risk management and judgment, and leadership and etc. It was founded in 1965 by Paul Petzoldt.
The location of this program is Lander, Wyoming.
It will take around 8 months, from June to January.
All participants will be compensated through:
- A weekly stipend of $125
- NOLS school meetings and training
- Outdoor trips with NOLS employees to develop technical skills
- College credit (May be available)
- Chance to improve public speaking skills by presenting information to students informally or formally through classes
- Good environment
- Mentorship throughout the program
- Regular feedbacks
These are the requirements that should be met in order to take part in this program:
- Must be willing to work in a team atmosphere
- Excellent written and verbal skills are a must
- Having the ability to adjust priorities quickly is required
How to Apply:
Mail the cover letter, writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must reach before March 15, 2020.