NAMI would like to inform you that it is now accepting resumes for the post of communications & marketing internship. This communication internship requires from all eligible candidates, 8 to 10-week commitment.
This role will have some responsibilities like updating and maintaining NAMI’s social media presence, analyzing and reporting on analytics, participate in a weekly marketing meeting and collaborating with staff on various projects.
Besides all the responsibilities, it is a wonderful deal for you to make you master in the field of communication and marketing through real job practices and tasks. It will prove a great investment toward your future as here you will be prepared for wherever you go next.
National Alliance on Mental Illness in short NAMI is a grassroots mental health organization headquartered in Arlington County, Virginia. It was established in 1979 by Harriet Shetler and Beverly Young. It is committed to helping those people, who are fighting with mental illness, in building better lives. It has the motto of “You are not alone”. It provides support and education programs for families and individuals living with mental health conditions.
Interns must be able to work in New York, NY.
This program requires an 8 to 10-week commitment.
This is an unpaid internship however each participant can receive useful training, mentorship, learning, development and networking opportunities.
The eligibility for this role requires:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well independently.
- Creative thinker, not afraid to offer up ideas for new ways to reach our audiences.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Proficiency in Canva, Photoshop, or their ilk. Knowledge of HTML and basic design a plus.
- Video production skills a plus
- Good sense of humor. It makes for a good working environment.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of NAMI-NYC and the people we serve.
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter explaining your interest, your resume, and 1 writing sample/excerpt, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to mention the “communication intern” in the subject line of the mail.
Program open until filled