National Center for Transgender Equality is very delighted to announce the availability of an excellent internship for undergraduate and graduate students. The program is open for spring, summer and fall semester with the flexible start and end dates.
This internship will provide all participants with the chance to obtain experience in all aspects of non-profit advocacy work through wonderful projects available in each department of this organization. Interns can be expected to assist with the day to day operation of the organization.
NCTE Internship will be an unpaid program however interns can be paid stipend to cover all the living expenses in DC, throughout the summer. All interns must be able to work at least 15 to 20 hours during the spring and fall and 40 hours throughout the summer semester.
National Center for Transgender Equality is also called NCTE which is a not for profit organization in Washington, D.C. It was established in 2003 by transgender activist Mara Keisling. This organization has been dedicated to bringing the change in policies as well as in society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. The mission of this organization is transgender rights in the United States.
Interns will work in Washington, D.C.-based office.
The following benefits you will get as a participant in this program:
- Summer stipend to cover living expensive
- Great working environment
- Real projects
- Chance to serve society through the work
- Chance to learn from the top professionals
- Networking and career development opportunities
- Sessions for training and learning
- Flexible working hours
To be a strong candidate, you need to have the following skills and education:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Ability to excel at working both independently and collaboratively
- A commitment to transgender and broader LGBTQ equality required; demonstrated interest in health care policy, privacy, civil rights or related issues is a plus
- Strong research and writing skills are not a strict requirement for all internships, but a background or interest in developing those skills is highly preferred
How to Apply:
In order to be selected for this post, please email a resume, cover letter, and a 1-5 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are being accepted rolling basis.