Vanderbilt University’s school of medicine is seeking applications for a rewarding as well as challenging program named as a clinical research internship. This opportunity is scheduled to run from June 1st through July 31st.
This clinical research internship is especially meant for students who possess a genuine interest in the medical career. The best part of this internship is that it is dedicated to providing interns the chance of participating in both research and clinical patient care at an academic medical center.
Throughout two months, this intern will work on completing a research project under the directorship of a research mentor and also directly observe clinical patient care while spending time with residents and attending physicians.
Vanderbilt University is a private research university located in Nashville, Tennessee. It was established in 1873 and named in the honor of New York shipping and rail magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt. It is the major center for scholarly research, informed and creative teaching and has been serving the society since it was founded.
Nashville, Tennessee is the chief work location for this role.
This is 2 months long internship starting on June 1st and concluding on July 31st.
All participants will get housing on-campus for the summer, and a stipend of $1,500. Disadvantaged students enrolled in the program may be eligible for financial assistance.
Candidates must meet certain criteria in order to take part in this program.
- The Program is limited to U.S. citizens earning a four-year undergraduate degree at an accredited US college or university.
- Applying students must be a college undergraduate during the summer of the program year.
- Applying students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Preference is given to candidates with prior research experience and who have taken advanced science courses.
- Applying students should have a strong desire to pursue an M.D. degree or a combined M.D./Ph.D. degree.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted online. Please check more about the application process here.
The last date to apply is February 1, 2020.