Keene State College is currently encouraging people who want to become a registered dietitian to join its dietetic internship program for 11 to 18 months. This program is targeting students enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s degrees in a nutrition-related field.
Keene State’s Dietetic Internship is a learning opportunity focused on community nutrition education and wellness. This program includes working in community wellness and clinical settings with masters-level coursework.
It is designed to prepare entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists to provide high-quality nutrition care and education that will support the health of individuals and populations.
Through this program, interns will acquire leadership and professionalism and good communication skills that will help them pursue a meaningful career in the diverse field of dietetics.
Keene State College is a public liberal arts institution based in Keene, New Hampshire. It was established in 1909 as a teacher’s college and offers more than 40 programs of study. In MSN.com’s list of the best colleges in New Hampshire for affordability and employment, it is ranked first.
This internship will take place in Keene, New Hampshire.
Interns must be able to commit for an 11- to 18-month program.
Through this program, you can acquire the following benefits:
- Mentorship and training
- Great projects
- Fun environment
- Lots of networking opportunities
- Training and learning session
The ideal candidates for this post should have bachelor’s or master’s degrees in a nutrition-related field and must provide verification that they have completed the Didactic Programs in Dietetics (DPD) coursework.
How to Apply:
The Keene State College Dietetic Internship uses two program tracks:
- Regular (local) track – it selects 10 interns into its local track
- Distance clinical track – it selects 6 interns into its distance track
The fee for applying through one track is $70 and $80 for applying to both tracks. However the distance clinical interns must submit a preceptor information form and a signed preceptor agreement along with the below-required elements of the supplemental application.
Applicants should apply through DICAS. The cost of using DICAS is $40 for the first application and $25 for each other application. In order to complete the DICAS application, you will need to follow these steps:
- Write a personal statement within 1,000 words.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
DICAS – Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- Include the name and email address for each reference
- Register on the D&D Digital website and pay the $50.00 computer matching fee with a credit card and submit their prioritized list of selected dietetic internships online to D&D Digital.
- Submit a professional portfolio. Both electronic and hard copy portfolios will be accepted however there are guidelines for both.
Applications submitted after February 15, 2020, will not be considered.