Museum of Fine Arts, Boston’s contemporary art department is actively looking to hire talented undergraduate students with the interest in museum career for its Next Generation Exhibition Internship program.
This position is required to provide a commitment of 12 hours per week for 13 weeks. This post is designed to conduct research, support special projects and events, and assist with the administrative functioning of the department.
Over the internship period, selected candidates will learn about the curatorial process and museum administration while gaining practical museum experience. They will also have the projects as per their interests and skills and gain a stipend of $2,400.
Museum of Fine Arts Boston was founded in 1870 and this time it is the fifth largest museum in the United States. With the collection of nearly 500,000 works of art, it is one of the most comprehensive art museums in the world.
Hired will work in Boston, MA.
The ideal candidates must be able to work 12 hours per week for 13 weeks.
This internship will provide interns with a stipend totaling $2,400 for the semester.
In order to consider your candidacy, you need to fulfill all the given requirements:
- Must be enrolled (for the duration of the internship) in an undergraduate program in art history, history of decorative arts, museum studies, arts administration or art program with an interest in museums; and provide proof of employment eligibility
- Strong interest in and at least some knowledge of contemporary art
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Previous successful office experience, preferably in an arts organization, and proficiency in Microsoft office (experience with art database programs such as the museum system helpful)
- Demonstrated written and communication skills; strong research skills
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston encourages all domestic and international students to apply.
How to Apply:
Apply by submitting a single PDF document containing a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application no later than December 20, 2019.