CAIR-Chicago’s communication department is on the lookout for talented undergraduate and graduate students for its amazing internship program. This is a career-oriented internship that will run throughout the year.
This intern will work closely with communications coordinators in creating content and executing media strategies for CAIR-Chicago. He/She will also perform other tasks like social media marketing, videography, photography, writing articles, designing graphics, etc.
In the return, they will get mentorship, training, and the opportunity to learn, interact and grow in a friendly and diverse environment that all will help to develop work-ready skills that will impress any graduate employer.
CAIR-Chicago is a not-for-profit Muslim civil rights organization based in Chicago, Illinois. It is the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy group that work to earn equal opportunities for and normalize the image of Muslims in America.
This internship will be based in Chicago, IL.
This program is open for winter, summer and fall semester. Each session generally runs between the following months:
Winter: January – May
Summer: May – September
Fall: September – December
Interns can earn academic credit or community service hours, or simply enrich their experience and insight to advocacy and civil rights efforts.
These are the requirements that you must meet:
- Photography, videography, and/or graphic design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the principles of journalism and research
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and under strict time constraints
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Experience with web design and relevant skills (WordPress, HTML, CSS, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Experience with graphic design and relevant software (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc) is strongly preferred
- Experience with photography and experience using DSLR cameras and relevant software (Photoshop, etc) is strongly preferred
- Experience with audio and video production and relevant software (Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, etc.) is strongly preferred
Domestic and international students are both eligible for this program. It is required for international students to provide a scanned copy of their current visa and/or work permit.
How to Apply:
If you want to join this program, then please send a completed application form along with the cover letter, writing sample(s), and portfolio with a minimum of three works illustrating previous photography, videography, and/or graphic design skills to Saadia Pervaiz at email@example.com
The application deadline is open.