Disney is seeking out talented candidates for its animal behavior internship for fall 2021. If you want an opportunity where you can work for animals’ welfare while preparing yourself for a career in the behavioral sciences, then you have reached the right place.
Being a part of this program will expose to you some responsibilities like collecting data for animal behavior research projects, maintaining project databases, contributing to project reports and helping in the design and implementation of animal behavior studies, etc.
Through this program, you can get some professional experience and develop some skills before your graduation. With some experience under your belt, you can get a good job after completing your studies.
Disney is an American mass media and entertainment company headquartered in Burbank, California. It was founded on 16 October 1923 by Walt Disney, and Roy O. Disney. The company targets to be the worlds’ number one producer and provider of entertainment and information. Currently, the company has 201,000 employees. Its cartoon character Mickey Mouse is the world’s most renowned character that was created in 1928 and is used as a company’s official mascot.
Interns will join the office in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Interns will get:
- Competitive salary
- Mentorship and guidance from City managers
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Training sessions
- Regular feedbacks
- Fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to work closely with professionals
Interns must have:
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Senior or recent college graduate of an undergraduate program only
- A minimum of six months of mentored independent research experience under a senior scientist, including a minimum of three months of animal behavior research under the direction of senior scientist.
- Enthusiasm for animal care, animal welfare, and conservation in zoos.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven experience with multiple steps in the research process in an animal research setting.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and personal mode of transportation to travel to and from the workplace and to behind-the-scenes work locations.
- The ability to operate a company vehicle. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Minimum 3 months of experience in a Zoo, Aquarium.
Candidates must possess unrestricted work authorization.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can apply online.
Open until filled.