Bemis Center is now helping students to learn and grow and showcase their communication skills, by providing them a wonderful Communications Internship opportunity. This is 3 months long program based in Omaha, Nebraska.
The primary purpose of this role is to work with communications staff on researching, writing, and editing content for various print and digital communications and assist the professional team in promotion, marketing, and management.
Communication intern will have to commit for 8–10 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This program includes professional development experiences and networking opportunities, tours, and a chance to participate in an international network of artists.
Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts is a US-based organization dedicated to supporting today’s artists through an artist-in-residence program, temporary exhibitions, and innovative public programs.
Omaha, Nebraska is the primary work location for this role.
The program will take 3 months.
Although this position is unpaid yet interns will get other perks like professional development experiences and networking opportunities, invitations to studio skill-building demonstrations and tours, a collaborative work environment to experiment and learn, and a chance to participate in an international network of artists.
On top of this, successful interns will also receive a one-year Bemis center individual membership.
Check out the eligibility criteria, you need to fulfill.
- Currently enrolled in a college degree program or a recent college graduate (within six months)
- A passion for contemporary art and an eagerness to learn
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, ability to work without much supervision, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform varying levels of clerical and/or physical work
- Experience writing and editing for a university newspaper and/or academic, nonprofit, or for-profit organization (AP Style and Chicago Manual Style)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Design Tools
- Experience with MS Office software applications and Google Drive
- Organization, creativity, and professionalism
How to Apply:
To start the application process, you will have to follow these two steps-
- Complete and submit an online application form.
- After completing, email your resume to Abby Fogle at email@example.com. Please include the ‘Internship Application’ in the subject line.
The application deadline is open until the slot is filled.