Urban Institute is now looking forward to adding enthusiastic and bright interns, who have strong interest in education policy, to its education data and policy center. This position will work as a full-time and part-time intern in Washington, DC.
Communications Internship is a paid program available for the fall of 2021. Through-out the duration of program, the communications interns will learn to develop targeted communications plans, interact with the media and stakeholders, and execute high-profile events.
On top of this, they’ll work alongside the communications manager to develop and implement a communications strategy for the center, focusing on the center’s launch.
Following are the basic criteria for this internship
- Must be pursuing a degree in public policy, communications, education, journalism, public relations, English, history, political science, foreign languages, anthropology, etc.
- Demonstrate interest in communications strategy, writing, and education policy
- Understand how writing for a general audience differs from writing an academic paper
- Possess strong writing and critical thinking skills
- Must be entrepreneurial, flexible, adept at handling multiple assignments, and eager to grow and learn new skills
How to Apply:
Interest students can apply online.
The deadline is open until the position is filled.