The Tampa Bay Rays is an American professional baseball team that is based in St. Petersburg, Florida. The company always seeks applicant and offer them different career opportunities. Nowadays, the team is seeking interns for the research and development department. The team will help shape the baseball operations decision-making process through different data interpretation and analyses. The team is looking for candidates who possess a passion for baseball and a wish to contribute to data analysis, mathematics, and computation. The team wants interns to be intellectual contributors who can work collaboratively and individually. The student must come up with new ideas and interesting research questions that can be explored, find innovative ways to answer those questions, communicate the results and work to apply the research outcomes to improve how the team’s operations work. A student with an innovative spirit, a good teammate, and an outstanding aura can come forward for the role. The team is accepting the applications without any kind of discrimination. The student will get a chance to work in a fast-paced environment and can acquire new skills. A person above 18 years is allowed to pursue the internship program. A student with a solid foundation in physics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or any other related field can go for the program offered by the team.
The hired intern must not possess a passion for baseball but must also possess outstanding records. The student must be technology-friendly and must be well aware of work that must be performed while pursuing the internship program. The applicant must possess knowledge of programming language that includes C, C++, Java, and Python. The person must develop new skills in quantitative analysis and statistical modeling of different types of data sources, for strategic decision-making, player evaluation, and player development. In this field of internship program knowing technology is compulsory. The student with a keen interest in the related subject will be given preference. The applicant is required to complete the assigned tasks on time and that too effectively. The student is required to communicate effectively with the team member for that the applicant must possess outstanding communication skills. The candidate must learn new methods for communicating different research findings to different kinds of baseball operations audiences. The student must be smart enough to deal with multiple tasks and complete them simultaneously. The applicant with every little skill that is required to perform the tasks will be given priority.
The Tampa Bay Rays is an American professional baseball team. The team is based in St. Petersburg, Florida. The Rays compete in MLB or Major League Baseball as a member club of the American League East division. Since its inception, the team’s home area has been Tropicana Field. Following three decades of unsuccessfully trying to gain an expansion or enticing existing teams to relocate to the Tampa Bay area, it is an ownership group that is led by Vince Naimoli was approved on March 9, 1995. The team began to play in the 1998 Major league baseball season. The Tampa Bay Rays’ chief rivals are the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. Regarding the former, there are several notable on-field incidents. The team also has an intrastate interleague rivalry with the NL’s Miami Marlins, whom they play in the Citrus Series.
The student selected for the program will be offered amazing benefits that include paid time off, sick leaves. An innovative and fast-paced environment to build new projects and concentrate on the work. The person can get everything one wants to carry out the program. Mentorship and coaching are also provided to the student for proper growth.
- Develop strong skills in the analysis of the different forms of data sources.
- Perform player evaluation, strategic decision-making, and player development.
- Learn different methods of evaluation.
- Learn techniques for communicating complicated research findings to different kinds of baseball operations audiences.
- Perform design research inquiries to yield immediately actionable findings with the team.
- Work both collaboratively and individually.
- Come up with new questions to explore.
- Effectively answer those questions.
- Communicate the results of the research.
- Apply the research outcomes.
- Work to assist other members of the department with their areas of expertise.
- Collect in-game data to support the operational needs of the department.
- Analysis and Ad hoc in support of general baseball operations tasks.
- The age required to pursue the internship program must be 18 years or more than that.
- The candidate must be a junior, senior, or sophomore.
- The student must be working towards a bachelor’s degree from a well-known college or university.
- The person must be working towards a degree in statistics, physics, mathematics, engineering, and computer science.
- The applicant must possess advanced computational skills.
- The person must possess experience in Python, R, or Stan.
- The applicant is required to complete the tasks with minimum guidance.
- The candidate must possess experience in solving complex problems.
- The student must create new skills to discover new avenues of research.
The team is providing the internship program in St. Petersburg, Florida. The student is required to stay in the United States to successfully carry out the internship program. The person can learn new skills and gain knowledge but for this, the program must be completed.
Duration of Internship
The company is offering internship programs who possess an interest in baseball so the program is not offered for a fixed duration. The schedule for the internship program is for a flexible duration.
How to Apply
Get the internship program as soon as possible. The research and development internship is now open. The person must click on the link. The link will take the applicant to a new page where an application form is provided. The student must fill out the form properly and enter all the required details. While filling up the form the student makes sure the details must be accurate and no further changes will be entertained. The applicant must wait for some time to know the result.