New York Yankees is currently filling the vacant post of media relations intern that is open in its Bronx, NY office. This position requires all candidates to be bilingual and able to work through the end of the baseball season.
The key duties of this role will consist of compiling and distributing news clippings, maintaining files, assist with editing and proofreading, writing reports, assisting with non-baseball events and answering to fans and media inquiries.
This internship will allow you to learn about the basics involved in the media relations fields and gain exposure to the working culture of the New York Yankees. As the sports industry is one of the most competitive fields, having experience of this internship on your resume will give you leg up on your competitors.
New York Yankees are an American professional baseball team based in New York City, NY. Yankees compete in major league baseball as a member club of the American League East division. This team was formed in 1901 and is owned by Yankee Global Enterprises.
The internship will start in New York City, NY.
The program will run until the end of the baseball season.
You will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Career development and learning opportunities
- Mentorship and guidance from professionals
- Great working environment
- Valuable projects.
You will be the right candidate if this sounds like you:
- Ability to work up to 30 hours per week
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Prior experience working at a professional sports organization or a college sports information department preferred
- General baseball knowledge including the ability to keep score and understand statistical information preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using Adobe InDesign preferred
- Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail.
How to Apply:
The mode of application is online.
The applications will remain open until the right candidates are found.