San Diego Zoo is providing internship opportunities who love to work with animals. The company is offering the internship position in Animal Care in both the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and San Diego Zoo this also includes Avian Propagation, Mammals, Children’s Zoo, Animal behavior or shows, Elephants, and others. The aim of the company is to provide the applicants a hands-on experience to the profession of valuable animal husbandry, and how this field related to the global conservation efforts and all the important vision of the San Diego Zoo for the world where all the essential life thrives. The person must be at least 18 years of age in order to qualify for the role. The candidate must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
The selected candidates are supposed to work for the company and in between animals. The person must know how to deal with different animals, how to tackle them, and love them with all the heart. The person is asked to perform some of the tasks that include keeping the animals and cleaning the cage, taking care of them, and managing things, and work to train the animals in the zoo. The applicant for the role must be fun-loving, polite, and must possess the ability to treat the animals carefully. The role is performed in Zoo and the person will not get an office environment. The individual must possess the ability to tackle various animals.
By working in Zoo the applicant will get benefits that include a flexible working schedule, work-life balance, paid leaves, sick leaves, and other important opportunities.
- Proper management of the animals.
- Provide the animals with food, shelter and care.
- Taking care of the animals who are suffering from some disease.
- Taking animals to the veterinary doctor or calling it to the zoo if any animal is ill.
- Protecting animals from any type of disease.
- Developing high yielding breed as to increase the production of food that include milk, eggs etc.
- Brainstorm the ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To work as an intern in the company the age must be 18 years.
- The candidate working in accredited college or university as to obtain the bachelor’s degree with any relevant major.
- Having prior experience will be considered as plus.
- Must know how to treat animals when they are suffering from some disease.
- Must be aware how to use computer.
- Must be a good team player and flexible enough to pursue the tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be humble, diligent and resourceful.
The location for the internship is in San Diego. The internship offered by the company is in Zoo where the applicant is surrounded by many animals.
Duration of Internship
The duration of the program will completely depend upon the company it can be around some weeks and the person has to complete the program will full efficiency.
How to Apply
The link given below will take you to the website in which you can fill the form and thereby can apply for the ongoing post. Make sure you carefully fill in all the necessary details and join the program as soon as possible.