Boston Ballet has started up the search for curious, intelligent and ambitious candidates for its corporate relations internship. The Boston Ballet Internship program is available for the spring term in Boston, MA.
This corporate relations position is focused on fundraising and cultivation efforts. During this program, selected candidates will work on challenging and meaningful projects and provide assistance in fundraising and cultivation efforts.
Responsibilities of this role will vary consisting of research, development, and preparation of solicitation materials, database work, mailings, preparation for and support during special events, and correspondence with Boston Ballet’s boards of Trustees and Overseers, etc.
Founded in 1963 by E. Virginia Williams, and Sydney Leonard, Boston Ballet is a not for profit professional classical ballet company of America. It is the largest and well-recognized institute in North America.
This internship will be based in Boston, MA.
The selected candidates will be asked for a commitment of 12-15 scheduled hours per week.
This Boston Ballet is for credit or on a volunteer basis. Spring interns will be given complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes. Apart from these opportunities, the intern will also have the following perks:
- Flexible working hours
- Collaborative and fun environment
- Mentorship and guidance
- Training and learning sessions
- Networking opportunities
- Real projects and responsibilities
- Hands-on experience and skills
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate (must be junior or senior) or graduate program
- Excellent writing skills
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive, independent work style
- Must be very organized with close attention to detail
- Must be flexible and open to completing tasks and projects based on changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Available 2-3 days per week, for at least half a business day
- Available to work some evening events
- Proficiency in the second language a plus
- Arts background not necessary but should have the desire to learn more about sponsorship marketing and sales
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also required from all candidates to mention the name of the position for which they are applying in the subject line of the email.
There is no deadline. The position is open until it is filled.