Wisconsin Humane Society is currently looking to hire curious, thoughtful and compassionate people for its animal care internship. If you enjoy working with animals and want to contribute to animal welfare, then it is your opportunity.
This animal care internship of WHS is seasonal, paid intern course that requires that candidates must be able to work 18 hours a week in Milwaukee, WI. As a part of this role, you will be provided some duties that will impact the lives of animals daily.
The course will allow you to obtain working experience and learn new skills on how to work with animals so that you can analyze whether it is a good career choice for you. Plus, it will provide you training and good connections.
Founded in 1879, Wisconsin Humane Society is an American organization that operates animal shelters in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Door and Brown Counties. It has been dedicated to working for the welfare of animals in need. Its headquarters is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States. This organization serves 40,000 animals annually.
This course will be located in Milwaukee, WI.
What will you gain?
- Competitive wage
- Mentorship and training
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Great working culture
- Fun environment
- Flexible working hours
- Networking opportunities.
What should you have?
- A flexible, positive approach to challenges
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and rotating holidays
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Formal animal care experience a plus
- Candidates must be committed to treating animals and humans with kindness and respect.
How to Apply:
Only applications submitted through the WHS online application system will be considered.
Open until filled.