US Department of the Interior is seeking applications for the post of part-time Biological Science Technician Intern that will work in Dededo, GU office. This program is awarded to those students accepted for enrollment or enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
Biological Science Technician Intern will be responsible for conserving fish, wildlife, and/or plants, their habitats, conservation of at-risk species, mitigation, restoration, and recovery of listed species and others. He/She will work 16 to 32 hours a week.
Under this program, interns will obtain real-world experience, a clear understanding of the skills that a career in biology requires. In addition, they will receive a competitive wage of $33,949 to $44,130 per year.
This internship will take place in Dededo, GU
Interns will be provided $33,949 to $44,130 per year
This program is available to those who meet the eligibility criteria below
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for selective service
- Suitability for employment, as determined by a background investigation
- Selectee will be required to sign a pathways agreement form
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain USFWS approved certification(s) for All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Certification and Utility-terrain vehicle (UTV) Certification, and Pesticide Certification within 6 months of employment.
- A valid state driver’s license is required in order to comply with state and federal regulations and service policies for operating motor vehicles with a GVW less than 26,000 pounds.
- Incumbent must have the ability to walk on uneven terrain associated with natural areas under variable weather conditions.
- Snorkeling is a requirement of this position for direct observation.
- Swimming in ponds, lakes, moving water, and/or coastal aquatic environments is a requirement of this position.
- This position requires wearing an official U.S. Fish and Wildlife uniform. The incumbent is required to obtain and properly wear uniform components in accordance with Service policy.
- Work may require working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to report to work (demonstrated by currently living within a commuting distance of duty station)
How to Apply:
Please send your application online.
Submit your application no later than November 27, 2021