TheatreWorks is currently looking for dedicated, independent, and highly motivated candidates to recruit for the post of company management intern that will work from June through August.
This position is designed to work closely with the company manager on a variety of tasks during TheatreWorks‡ busy summer, focusing largely on the workaround and during the annual New Works Festival.
As an intern, you will work on real projects, enhance your expertise, and learn skills that are in-demand. Through this program, you can become professional before your graduation which would be helpful for an effortless adaptation to the work environment when you join a full-time job.
TheatreWorks is a not for profit professional theatre company based in Palo Alto, California. It was founded in July 1970 and honored by the Tony award in 2021. This theatre is dedicated to the discovery and development of new voices in the American theatre.
Palo Alto, California is the primary location for this role.
This internship will last for 3 months with the starting date in June.
TheatreWorks Internship will provide interns with round-table discussions scheduled with members of the theatre‡s artistic and administrative staff that will help them gain insight into the many possible avenues of career development in professional theatre. Interns will also get additional enrichment opportunities:
- Staff meetings and rehearsals
- Design presentations
- Invited dress rehearsals
- Access to complimentary tickets from other Arts Organizations in the Bay Area
- Complimentary tickets for each TheatreWorks production during a residency
To be effective in this role, you will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong ability to multitask
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing and comfortable with meeting new people
- Valid driver‡s license with the use of a car
- Strong Microsoft skills
How to Apply:
To apply, you should fill out an application form.
The Applications for 2021 are actively open.