If you are looking to embark on a career in the field of agriculture, then become a part of this State of Washington Agriculture Internship that will help you to make your mark in the agriculture industry.
This paid program will take place in the summer of 2020 for 3 to 6 months and provide flexible hours. During it, you will work with DNR’s team of field land managers to gain knowledge and experience in the State of Washington’s management of agricultural trust lands and land leasing processes.
Apart from this, participating in this internship may just be your chance to learn about beneficial agricultural practices, build your resume, develop your own professional working skills, and make professional connections.
Applications are open for full-time students majoring in forestry, natural resource management or related field and will be returning to school in the following quarter/semester.
This event will be based in Washington, DC.
The duration of this internship is 3-6 months.
The selected candidates will enjoy several benefits like competitive pay rate, flexible hours, mentorship, workshops, training, professional connections; hand-on experience, great work location, amazing co-workers and much more.
Anyone who fulfills the given requirements will be eligible to apply for this role:
- A full-time student majoring in forestry, natural resource management or related field and will be returning to school in the following quarter/semester.
- Physically able to work alone or as part of a team in undeveloped, remote, forested or back-country landscapes and terrain in all weather conditions
- A licensed driver with two years of driving experience. Employees who drive for state business, whether in a state or privately owned vehicle, are required to possess a valid license and abide by all other driver responsibility requirements.
- At least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
How to Apply:
The application process will entirely online. It is required for all candidates to attach the following documents to their application:
- A letter of interest, no more than two pages in length, describing your interest in agriculture and what you would like to gain from this internship
- Attach your Resume
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- The names and contact information of three professional references
- The first screening will be based on information contained in your candidate materials
The application will remain to be accepted until January 20, 2020.