REU program is a learning opportunity that is targeted to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The program is for those students, enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree program or recent graduates. It will provide interns with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide, with over 194 member states.
This program will be based in various locations.
The duration of this program is 3 to 11 months.
All participants will get a stipend in local currency and not exceeding US$ 700 per month.
To play a role in this program, you must meet certain eligibility requirements:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree program in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of application, or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
Applicants from FAO Member Nations are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
You can submit your application for this post online.
Applications submitted after December 31, 2019, will not be considered.