The SYEP is committed to providing help to young people from low-income households and communities that experience racial, social, and economic disparities. It is a combination of a school-year exploration and learning experience, and a summer internship.
Throughout both components of this program, the intern will gain marketable skills and experience, be exposed to various career fields, build a social network and boost their resumes. Each participant will be paid a competitive pay of $16.39 for up to over six weeks of work.
The summer internship will run from July through August 2020 and the 2020/2021 school-year program will start in October 2020. SYEP is only for those individuals who live within the Seattle city limits.
Seattle is the main work location.
The summer program will run for 6 and more weeks.
To be effective in this role, you will need:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 24 years old on July 08, 2020.
- Live within the Seattle city limits.
- Live in a household with income at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI). See the AMI table to the right.
How to Apply:
The application mode is online. The application process is divided into three parts:
- Submit proof of program eligibility
- Complete a placement interview in May
- Complete mandatory pre-employment training in June
The application period is between February 19 and March 17, 2020.