Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has a need for creative, detail-oriented, motivated interns for its human resources department located in New York City, NY. This is a paid position that requires a minimum work schedule of three days a week and offers flexible hours.
This internship is both practical and educational experience during which interns will have an excellent opportunity to gain practical knowledge and skills in the HR field while working with an active, upbeat not-for-profit organization.
To be eligible to work as an HR intern at NRDC, you must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of May 2021 or December 2021. Having an interest and aptitude to work at not-for-profit management/administrative fields will be an asset.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the well-known and most effective environmental action organization in the United States. With the support of 3.1 million members and online activists, this organization is dedicated to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things.
The chief work station of this role is in New York City, NY.
The ideal candidates must be able to work from January 20th, 2021 through April 30th, 2021.
The program will provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment.
NRDC is looking for individuals with the following qualifications and experience:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of May 2021 or December 2021.
- Have an interest and aptitude to work in human resources, or not-for-profit management/administrative fields.
- Must have strong grades (3.0 or better), statistical, analytical, writing, research skills as well as the confidence and maturity to assume serious responsibility.
- Must at least be entering the senior year of undergraduate.
- Statistics major or minor is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications, advanced skills in Excel.
- Must be able to start the week of January 20th, 2021 and can work through April 30th, 2021
How to Apply:
For consideration, please upload your resume and cover letter through NRDC online portal.
Applications will remain to be accepted until the slot is filled.