National Endowment for the Humanities has initiated an extremely beneficial summer internship program. This program encourages talented students to earn while learning new skills and gaining experience in the field that they are considering for a career.
This is a part-time program during which interns will perform duties like assisting in the day to day operations, participating meetings, briefings, and other events and preparing a variety of correspondence, memoranda, and information.
To be able to participate in this program, applicants must be enrolled or formally accepted for enrollment as a full-time or half-time students at an accredited college or university.
National Endowment for the Humanities is a federal agency of the U.S. government. It was established on 29 September 1965 and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States. This organization is committed to supporting research, education, preservation, and public programs in the humanities.
The internship will take place in Washington, DC.
This is a part-time role that requires that interns must be able to work 32 hours a week.
This program includes the following benefits:
- A competitive salary of $11.80 to $13.70 per hour
- Mentorship and guidance
- Training and learning sessions
- Great environment
- Good projects
- Flexible working hours
In order to be eligible for this program, all candidates should meet all of the minimum criteria:
- S. Citizen
- Relevant experience and/or education
- Favorable background investigation
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service
- Have good writing skills and basic computer skills. Must be self-directed, able to complete tasks in a timely manner, and attentive to detail.
- Must be enrolled or formally accepted for enrollment as a full-time or half-time student at an accredited college or university.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5
How to Apply:
Please send your application online.
Applications will be accepted until March 4, 2020.