With the collaboration of Marine Science Magnet High School of Southeastern Connecticut, Mystic Aquarium is now offering young students a wonderful aquaculture internship. The program is approximately 16 weeks long.
The goal of this internship is to support the Mystic Aquarium’s mission of inspiring people to care for and protect our ocean planet. By joining this program, you will experience the work culture of the Aquarium while growing your personal and professional development.
For anyone who is planning to pursue a career at Aquarium, this program is a great way to obtain invaluable experience, professional connections and pre-professional, experiential learning opportunities.
Mystic Aquarium is a marine aquarium located in Mystic, Connecticut. It has been dedicated to protecting the ocean since it was opened on October 6, 1973. This aquarium is owned by Research Foundation and a member of the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums. It has a great collection of 10,000 ocean creatures of different species.
This internship will be held in Mystic, Connecticut.
Interns must be able to work 16 weeks.
This program will provide you the following benefits:
- Orientation, weekly career development seminars, research and veterinary services department’s journal club, Ridgway research seminar series and research and data progress meetings
- Mentorship from the professionals of the industry
- Great projects
- Supportive co-workers and employers
- Training and learning sessions
- Flexible working hours
- Regular feedbacks
All candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below for this vacancy:
- Must hold a Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) in aquaculture, biology, chemistry, environmental studies, marine science, zoology, or related field.
- Or either a recent college graduate, having received his or her BS or BA within the previous two years, or be a current graduate student, actively enrolled in an academic program in a related field leading to a master of science, master of arts, doctor of philosophy, or doctor of veterinary medicine degree.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, you must fill out an online application form. Please also attach your resume, cover letter, official or unofficial transcript, a recent sample of writing or essay, and letter of recommendation.
The applications for the summer semester are open until January 31, 2020.
The applications for the fall semester are open until May 31, 2020.