Houston Zoo is now offering an extremely exciting internship that will hone your skills in informal conservation education curricula development. This program is hiring candidates who are able to work 8 weeks in Houston, TX.
Selected candidates will get a stipend, sponsored by a generous endowment, of $1,000 to offset living expenses during the experience. The position also will involve moderate physical activity and will be supervised by the manager of education programs, with support from the camp zoofari team.
The candidates, who are considering a career in formal or informal education and possess strong professionalism, communication and writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, will be selected for this internship.
The Houston Zoo is a zoological park located in Houston, Texas, United States. This is the second most visited zoo in the United States and the most-attended cultural attraction in the region. It is visited by 2.1 million visitors each year and is the home of over 6000 animals of 900 spices.
This internship will be based in Houston, TX.
The program will run for 8 weeks.
Interns can expect from this internship a stipend of $1,000, a chance to interact with guests, campers, volunteers, and staff, training, mentorship and guidance, valuable experience and more.
To be effective in this role, you will need:
- Candidates must be considering a career in formal or informal education.
- Exhibit strong professionalism, communication, and writing skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Be flexible and have a positive “can-do” attitude even in a frustrating situation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
Applications will be accepted from eligible candidates from across the world.
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to fill out an online application form that must include your cover letter, resume (in PDF) and recommendation letter.
Applications must be received by March 1, 2020.