Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is currently granting you an invitation to be enrolled in its computer science internship. If you are a CS student who wants to prepare yourself for your post-collegiate career at a reputable company, then this program will surely interest you.
During this 3-9 months-long program, participants will get a chance to apply their knowledge in the lab setting, work on real projects with the best scientists and acquire firsthand experience with the latest challenging data sets in biology or biomedicine.
Additionally, they will attend departmental seminars, journal clubs, and have other educational opportunities designed to enhance their knowledge and help them make a strong professional network.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is an American cancer center and research institute. It was founded in 1884 by Alfred P. Sloan and currently headquartered in New York, New York. This non-profit institute is the largest and oldest center in the world. It has been dedicated to exceptional patient care, innovative research, and outstanding educational programs for over 130 years.
New York, New York is the work location for this position.
This program will take 3 to 9 months.
All participants will enjoy the following benefits:
- Seminars, journal clubs, and have other educational opportunities
- Furnished apartments in New York City will be available to rent.
- Competitive compensation offered.
- No medical benefits will be provided; interns need to maintain student benefit coverage.
- Mentorship and guidance
- Networking opportunities
To be an ideal candidate for this post, you must meet the following requirements:
- Active enrollment in a master or Ph.D. program in computer science, data science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or similar field
- Strong background in computer science, machine learning, or statistics
- Interest in applying algorithmic approaches to biological questions
- Strong computational skills required in at least one programming language (Python, R, C++).
For this post, you must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or visa holder. MSK cannot sponsor visas for this internship.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online.
Applications will remain open until this post is filled.