Families USA is actively inviting candidates who are out of the box thinkers and excellent with communication skills to join its communication department, as interns.
This position performs many tasks like assisting in the cultivation of consumer storytellers, conducting research, preparing draft publications, presentations, and talking points, and providing support to the senior director of communications and the communications team, etc.
As a part of this program, you will receive a competitive pay rate of $14.00 per hour. In addition, you will acquire valuable experience and connections that will help you succeed as a professional in the career field of communication.
Families USA is a US-based non-profit and nonpartisan consumer health advocacy organization dedicated to achieving high-quality, affordable health care and improved health for all.
The primary work station for this intern will be in Washington, D.C.
Interns will have to commit to working through January 31, 2020.
Interns will receive a competitive pay rate of $14.00 per hour and a flexible schedule that supports their academic schedules.
Applicants, who satisfy stated eligibility criteria, will be hired for this program.
- Passion for and deep commitment to health, health care, and social justice
- We greatly value students with journalism, communications, marketing, business, political science, and healthcare-related majors
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Skilled at organizing and exceptional attention to details
- Ability to prioritize work under tight deadlines while remaining flexible
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of database administration, content management systems, and project management software are a plus
- A collaborative, team-first attitude
How to Apply:
Please fill out an application form and also upload your current resume, a cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples.
The application deadline is open until the post is filled.