If you like finding historical objects and possess a keen wish to know more about the past, then this Greening Youth Foundation’s Archaeologist Internship is only for you.
This program is a paid, 24-week intern course with a work location in Lufkin, Texas. It will focus on providing each participant with hands-on experience in archaeology and cultural resource management. The duties of this role will vary.
Archaeologist Internship with GY foundation is a combination of rigorous work and learning experience. It will include exposure to the Forest Service, development and training opportunities, coaching, mentorship, and networking.
Greening Youth Foundation is a Youth organization based in Atlanta, Georgia. It has been dedicated to engaging children and exposing them to hem to the outdoors and careers in conservation. Its staff includes historians, sociologists, psychologists, educators, marine biologists, environmental scientists, anthropologists, and wilderness experts.
This internship will be located in Lufkin, Texas.
This program will run for 24-week.
Interns will be able to get the following benefits:
- Pay rate of $ 12.00 on an hourly basis
- $1,500 for Professional Development (travel, training, etc.)
- $500/month Housing Stipend
- Exposure to the Forest Service
- Development and training opportunities
- Most importantly, the opportunity to make a lasting impression on generations to come
- Great environment
- Learning and networking opportunities.
There are requirements for this role:
- Master’s degree in archaeology
- Knowledge of GPS/GIS
- Enjoy working outdoors-field investigation
- Average physical dexterity and ability are required
- Fieldwork is performed in all weather conditions, and often in hot and heavily forested conditions
- Ability to write reports, briefing papers and project narratives
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with coworkers, designers, and contractors
- Knowledge of construction techniques, processes, and methodologies sufficient to perform inspections
- Strong record-keeping and documentation skills.
How to Apply:
The application process is totally online.
The applications will remain open until the post is filled.