Are you a tech-minded person who always ahead for solving technical problems? Do you dream to explore a beneficial career in the tech industry while studying? If so, then Duke Energy‡s Technology & Innovation Internship could be right up your street.
Throughout this full-time program, interns will get the chance to experience complex intellectual challenges, and work on a variety of compelling business and advanced technology projects.
They can obtain practical experience and cultivate some skills in the fields of information technology. Moreover, this program will also prove helpful in gaining understanding about the working culture of Duke Energy and establishing good connections within the tech world.
Duke Energy is an American electric power holding company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is one of the largest electric holding companies and has been providing electricity to 7.7 million retail customers in six states. It also provides natural gas and operates wind and solar power facilities in 14 states. The company was reorganized as one of Best Employers for Diversity by a survey of Forbes.
The internship will be based in Raleigh, NC.
In this program, you can find:
- Friendly work environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Recognition for your work
- Competitive pay and benefits
Students, who are interested in applying for this role, please meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor‡s degree program as a rising sophomore or junior.
- Enrolled in an IT-related major, such as computer science, computer information systems, data engineering, or data science. two or fewer years of full time it or programming related work experience.
- Familiar with PowerApps, SharePoint, and Office 365 applications.
- Exposure to or familiarity with web application design and development, data management. and analytics, and customer experience analysis.
- Exposure to or familiarity with database design principles, SQL or modern databases.
- Ability to research topics and solutions via the internet, books, articles, and colleagues.
- Leadership potential or skills displayed through extracurricular activities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to learn new concepts & technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Community service, volunteer experience.
- Self-driven, motivated, and proactive.
How to Apply:
Applications must be sent online.
The last date to send applications is February 28, 2021.