Corning Museum of Glass is currently hiring Retail Ecommerce Photographer Intern for its e-commerce team based in Corning, New York’s office. This is a part-time role that requires a commitment of 20 hours per week for the 4-month period.
In this position, interns will assist with digital photo cropping, coordinating product photography, and overall merchandising maintenance of The Corning Museum of Glass retail website, shops.cmog.org.
They will gain valuable insight into managing an e-commerce site and working as a part of a professional retail team. In addition, they will obtain job training and experience working on photography, digital media projects, and a good pay rate.
Corning Museum of Glass is a well known non-profit museum based in Corning, New York. It is dedicated to telling the story of art, history, culture, technology, science, craft and design through glasswork. This time, the museum’s collection is included nearly 50,000 objects representing more than 3,500 years of history.
Interns will be placed in Corning, New York-based office.
This program will take 4 months.
Retail Ecommerce Photographer Interns will get the following benefits:
- $1,000 monthly stipend to help defray the cost of living expenses
- 25% discount in The Corning Museum of Glass Shops and Café
- Free admission to the museum for you and your guests
- Academic credit
To be effective in this role, you must
- Be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Excel
- Have strong attention to detail and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
- Be detail-oriented, punctual, and eager to learn
- Have the ability to work 20 hours per week for a 4-month period
- Be a student or recent graduate with a major concentration in photography, graphic design, art, or marketing (preferred)
How to Apply:
Send a current resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and at least three (3) photographs that represent your prior experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted after March 1 will not be considered.