Yamaha Corporation is now offering an opportunity to versatile and talented mechanical engineering students to join the corporation as an intern. The event is based in Hamamatsu, Japan, and the length will be approximately 10 to 12 weeks.
This is a challenging internship that will provide real-life experience at one of the largest and most dynamic musical instruments and professional audio product manufacturers in the world. For this role, interns will gain a competitive pay rate.
To successfully fill this position, candidates must be a senior or graduate student from an accredited university or a student in a master’s program and a minimum GPA of 3.25.
This position is based in Yamaha’s Hamamatsu, Japan office
This program requires 10 – 12 weeks commitment
Interns will be paid for this role.
If you fulfill all the requirements, then you are likely able to participate in this program.
- Must be a senior or graduate student from an accredited university or a student in a master’s program. minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Must have taken courses either in engineering, computer science, physical sciences or mathematics.
- Knowledge/Experience in acoustics
- Knowledge/Experience in mechanical design and CAD
- Open-minded communication skill to support other engineers in the same team
- Basic knowledge in professional audio equipment
- Interests in sound quality with auditioning
- Knowledge/Experience in mechanics and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge/Experience in material mechanics (plastic and aluminum)
- Experience in 3D CAD
- Experience in Karaoke
- Legally eligible and mentally strong to work abroad
- Must procure or maintain own travel/medical insurance valid in Japan
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (CEFR B2 level). Basic communication in Japanese desirable
- Must be a creative problem solver
- Highly organized and self-starter
How to Apply:
You can apply online
The application deadline is open until the slot is filled.