WIPO is happy to announce the availability of its competitive and well-structured internship program for the session of 2019 and 2020. This event will run for 6 weeks up to 12 months in Geneva, Switzerland. All interns are expected to work full-time.
WIPO Internship is based on various career fields such as law / IP law, economics/statistics, information technology, technical cooperation services, project administration, administration, patent/trademark examination, copyright, translation, other areas.
WIPO internship is designed for students and young professionals with an interest in IP. The aim of the program is to provide an opportunity for interns to complement their educational experience and to develop their professional skills and experience.
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. Its mission is to lead the development of a balanced and effective international IP system that enables innovation and creativity for the benefit of all.
The primary work location is Geneva, Switzerland
The duration of this internship is 6 weeks up to 12 months.
The award amount is 500 Swiss francs up to 2,000 Swiss francs.
Candidates must meet given criteria in order to be selected for this role.
- Individuals pursuing or having obtained a university degree;
- For individuals pursuing a first-level university degree, candidates must be in their third or fourth year of study and/or in a program that requires the completion of an internship as part of the degree requirements;
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for an internship no more than two years after completion of their most recent university degree or postgraduate studies.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant IT programs/applications).
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- For most internships, excellent drafting skills in English are required.
- Knowledge of any of the following WIPO working languages would be an advantage: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Unrepresented member states of WIPO and underrepresented geographical regions are eligible
How to Apply:
Any individual interested in doing an internship at WIPO can apply online.
The application deadline will close on December 31, 2019