The University of North Texas has an exciting opening for a sports nutrition internship within its dining department. The program is a paid intern course with a part-time working schedule.
Creating educational materials, delivering educational sessions/presentations, overseeing student-athletes and assisting with a stocking with nutrition items are some of the main responsibilities that will be given to interns.
This internship is a unique blend of educational experiences aimed to enhance interns‡ knowledge and familiarity with the importance of nutrition, and provide them valuable working experience for their bright career.
Founded in 1890, the University of North Texas is a public research university located in Denton, Texas. it includes eleven colleges, two schools, an early admissions math, and science academy, and a library system. This university has always been committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education.
The internship will be based in Denton, Texas.
Interns will likely to have:
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative environment
- Meaningful projects
- Mentorship and training
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Networking opportunities.
All the requirements must be met in order to book your place in this program:
- Bachelors of Science in nutrition, sports science or related field
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks
- Knowledge of the care and use of foodservice equipment and kitchen utensils
- Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to foodservice operations
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
How to Apply:
Online applications are required.
The applications will remain open until the slot is filled.