Geisinger Dietetic Internship is an opportunity for you to learn, grow and explore a career path that matches your interests. The program provides up to six talented and bright students with the chance to get entry-level positions in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
This internship is a full-time post-baccalaureate program that will run approximately 41-week in Danville, Pennsylvania. It will specifically focus on medical dietetics and pediatrics.
If you join this program, you can obtain valuable experience, skills, and ultimately increase your expertise that all will help you become a great dietitian in the future.
Geisinger is an American health care organization headquartered in Danville, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1915 in Pennsylvania and is owned by Geisinger Health System Foundation. The mission of this company is to advance healthcare and provides the best health care services to its patients. It is currently providing its services to 3 million patients in 45 counties.
Danville, Pennsylvania will be the main work station for this intern.
The program is for 41 weeks.
This program includes the following benefits:
- One-on-one preceptor training
- Free parking
- Office supplies and secretarial support provided
- Free use of computer and network support
- A comprehensive health sciences library located on the campus
- Lunch provided during medical center-based rotations
To consider your candidacy, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree at the U.S. regionally accredited university or college, and course work approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Verification statements from an ACEND-approved Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Participation in DICAS and the April D&D Digital computer matching program.
How to Apply:
The application process is divided into three steps:
- Make an account with the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) at https://portal.dicas.org/https://portal.dicas.org.
- Mail application fee to Dietetic Internship, Geisinger Medical Center. Send $60 application fee to:
Geisinger Medical Center
Attention: Sharon Madalis
100 North Academy Avenue
Danville, PA 17822-1509
- Register and complete the required steps for computer matching with D & D Digital at dnddigital.com.
Furthermore, you will need to follow the given instructions to complete the whole application process:
- Application form
- Contact information, including email addresses, for the three individuals writing letters of reference
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Verification Statement of Intent to Complete Statement or Verification of Completion Statement completed by applicant’s didactic program director
- Supplemental letter of intent explaining:
- How the Geisinger dietetic internship will help you achieve your goals
- Why you should be selected for this internship
- Other information you believe would be helpful to the selection committee
- Include your personal statement that must be within 1,000 words
- Payment of $45 initial application fee and a $20 fee for each additional application submitted to DICAS
Applications will be closed on February 15, 2020.