Wondering how to turn your hobby of photography into a full-fledged career? Well, if you are, then you are in the right place! The University of Wisconsin has a photography internship that is the most wonderful program through which you can find everything essential to succeed in this field.
This is a paid program with a flexible schedule that will vary from week to week, based on events to be photographed. Throughout the program, you will be responsible for capturing, editing and producing high-quality photographic media.
Overall, it is a great way to increase your creativity and skills, gain practical experience, learn from professionals, and boost your resume all while getting a good pay rate.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is a public research university founded in 1848. With 22,365 employees and 26 campuses, it is one of the largest universities in the U.S. It has over 45000 students from 50 states and 134 countries and provides 9204 courses and 232 undergraduate majors and certificates.
This internship will be located in Madison, WI.
This internship will provide a minimum wage of $10.00.
To be able to apply for this role, you will need to meet all the criteria:
- Deadline-oriented, quality-orientated and efficient. Must return the full set of high-quality event photos within 48 hours of capture
- Samples of past photographic work, demonstrating a passion for visual storytelling
- Proficiency with professional-grade photography equipment, as well as editing digital images
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, judgment, and problem-solving strong client focus
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction—reliability is crucial
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, with a regularly changing schedule
- Experience with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.), and Box.com.
This program is for both domestic and international students. International students with F-1 or J-1 visas are eligible for on-campus employment.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can apply by filling an online application form. Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of some of your best photographic work (via a link to an online portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by January 10, 2020.