This is a paid 12-week internship starting in summer with a specific focus on still images and video. In this position, interns will contribute to AP’s content and will get experience and training in still images, video, and social media production.
This intern will work on different assignments that cover general news, sports, business or entertainment and will also assist in the production of video stories, writing story summaries and scripts, setting up news and feature stories, join location shoots, and do their own shooting.
To book your place in this program, you must be current full-time students with junior and senior status or current full-time graduate students or students who graduate in December 2019.
Associated Press is a news agency company based in New York, New York. Founded in 1846, today it is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information.
This internship will be based in Mexico City, MX.
The length of this program is 12-week.
This is a salaried position that will provide interns with training, guidance and mentorship, social events, networking opportunities and more.
Eligibility criteria mentioned below for this vacancy must be met in order to take part in this program:
- Current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree(juniors and seniors) when applying for the program or
- Current full-time graduate students or
- Students who graduate in December 2019
- Freshmen and sophomores (first and second-year students) are not eligible
- Must be able to show proof of legal authorization to participate in a 12-week internship in Mexico
- Must have demonstrated proficiency speaking and writing in the English language as well as in Spanish
- Relevant experience and training in photos and video
- Good general knowledge of national and international affairs
- Good basic writing skills and the ability to recognize grammatical and factual errors. Knowledge of AP Style
- A prior journalism internship or experience in media
- Knowledge of online and social media news venues
- Highly organized and attentive to detail; able to multi-task and manage projects as assigned
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of co-workers and interview subjects
How to Apply:
The application process is entirely online. It is also required to upload simultaneously following documents:
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.
- A resume and cover letter
- Five to seven examples of your best photo work
- Three to four examples of your best video work
- A reference letter from a prior internship, employer or faculty adviser on college/university letterhead.
The last date to apply is December 21, 2019.