Taiwan International Graduate Program has collaborated with top-ranking local research universities to provide bright young scholars from around the world with a wonderful internship opportunity. The program will be for 2 months, starting in May through August 2020.
All lucky participants through this internship can experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
TIGP-IIP has been dedicated to preparing its participating interns with the necessary knowledge and skills for future research or career development through rigorous hands-on training since it was Launched in 2009.
The applications for this internship are open for undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2021 or students who will have been conferred a B.S. + M.S. dual degree by August 2021. Students pursuing a master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree are also eligible.
IIP International internship is a two months-long program. There are three batches of the internship, May-June, June-July, and July-August.
This program will provide financial support through:
- Interns will be provided a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months
- Sponsoring faculty will provide interns with an additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month
- In addition, half of the cheapest round-way airfare at the economy class of the batch (max. NTD 15,000) will be provided to interns upon completion of the training program
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2021 or students who will have been conferred a B.S + M.S. dual degree by August 2021
- Students pursuing a master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree
- Students pursuing a Ph.D. degree are not eligible
- Students/ Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again
Candidates belong to any country can apply for this program.
How to Apply:
To start the application process, first, you will need to create an account on the IIP website. Once you will have created an online application account, you can log in to complete and submit the application form.
You can find instructions for creating an account at http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/docs/IIP/create_an_account.pdf
To complete your online application you will need to follow the following steps:
- Upload your CV on the research interest’s page
- Upload your Statement of purpose on the research interest’s page
- Upload your original academic transcript on the current status of the applicant
- Complete all the required information on the online application form
- Two letters of recommendation in PDF format upload directly from your referees to IIP website before the deadline. It is strongly suggested that you need to fill in the referees’ information page as soon as you start IIP online application
- You are also required to post your original academic transcript to the TIGP office two weeks before the deadline. If you would like to post a photocopy of your academic transcript, you are required to authorize by Ministry of Foreign Education of your country before you post it
Applications will be accepted until February 28th, 2020.