Overstock is now grating you an opportunity to gain working experience in the field of machine learning, through its internship. For this 13-week, part-time role, Overstock seeks to attract graduate students.
The machine learning interns will be asked to solving e-commerce machine learning problems and applying innovations in large-scale e-commerce. They would also have the chance to publish their work at top tier conferences.
Besides, they will work with mentors, get a leadership educational series, and perform regular activities both inside and outside of the office. They can also acquire a broad perspective on the day-to-day work environment of a fast-paced company and detailed knowledge in ML.
Overstock is an American technology-based retail company based in Midvale, Utah. It provides its customers with a wide variety of high-quality products, at a great value. It started its journey in 1997 when it was founded as D2 by Robert Brazell. After two years of establishing, it was purchased by Patrick M. Byrne who changed its name D2 with Overstock.
Interns will be placed in Midvale, Utah-based office.
It is a part-time program that will run for 13 weeks.
Some of the best benefits that internship will provide you:
- Flexible Schedules
- Leadership development program & mentorship program
- Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
- Onsite Cafe with an additional coffee shop and juice bar
- Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for its cafe
- Great working environment
- Chance to connect with employers and co-workers
- Regular feedbacks
Applicants should have:
- Python proficiency
- Programming skills with big data
- Hadoop experience
- Currently pursuing or a recent graduate degree with a Ph.D. in machine learning, statistics, computer science, mathematics, economics, or other majors with a heavy quantitative concentration.
- Proficient communications skills
- Ecommerce experience
- 3-4-year Ph.D. research and machine learning
How to Apply:
The application mode is online.
Open until filled.