Through this internship, the company targets to provide the intern with practical, hands-on experience in one or more merchandising discipline and build solid competencies within the merchandising field.
In this role, you will perform several tasks like trend analysis, analyzing store layouts, participation in fabric and leather reviews, fabric or swatch order, participation in discussions regarding new product development, offer suggestions for future products and others.
Founded in 1927, La-Z-Boy is an American furniture company headquartered in Monroe, Michigan. It makes home furniture, including upholstered recliners, sofas, stationary chairs, lifts chairs, and sleeper sofas. The company has over 300 retail stores that are based across the United States and Canada.
The program will take place in Monroe, Michigan.
The program is full of opportunities like mentorship, training, guidance, networking, challenging and valuable projects, good location, and a great environment. By pursuing this program, you will not only boost your resume but also acquire some essential tools that differentiate you and give you a competitive edge over your competitors.
You are expected to meet all the given criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year bachelor‡s degree program with a concentration in merchandising or interior design with at least their junior year completed.
- Self-Starter, motivated, and eager to have an impact
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) a must, with CAD experience, preferred
Students from across the world can apply but they must be authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can fill out an online application form. To ensure your application is properly evaluated by the company, please attach your resume, cover letter, and internal application request form to the application. (Both cover letter and internal application request form are optional)
The applications will remain to be accepted until the slot is filled.