Resumes are being accepted for a challenging as well as rewarding year-round internship program by JPL. This is both full-time and part-time program and is open for undergraduate and graduate students working towards a degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
It is a great chance for those students who want to contribute to the mission of NASA and JPL or pursue a fruitful career with these organizations. Over the program, participants will be paired with JPL scientists or engineers who will guide the interns to complete given assignments.
Overall, in this program, you can find educational experience in your fields of study and a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory in short JPL is a popular research organization owned by NASA. It was founded in 1930 and runs robotic space and Earth science missions. It is the first to design, build and operate the United States’ first satellite. Currently, the organization has approximately 6,000 employees.
The chief work location of this intern will be based in Los Angeles, California.
The program will span 1 year.
Interns will benefit from the following benefits:
- Monetary award on a weekly basis for the period of the internship
- Housing and travel allowances will be provided only to those attending an institution outside the 50-mile radius of JPL
- Mentorship and guidance throughout the program
- Learning and training sessions
- Networking opportunities
To qualify for this amazing summer internship program, the candidate will need to fulfill some defined criteria:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines
- Minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA. The cumulative GPA must originate from the institution where the student has a current active status
- Open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs)
- The first internship experience must be 10 weeks or more. Subsequent internship terms are flexible
This program is open to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents.
How to Apply:
The application process is entirely online.
Applications are now open for this program.